It's Been a Busy Week..
and an interesting one too for that matter...
I have quite a bit to say, but I have to get up at 5am and it's now 10.49pm, so if i don't go to bed soon then I won't get enough sleep damnit!
I'm leaving "on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again"
Actually I'm going on a bus and will be back on Monday night, I'll fill you in then.
Ya'll have a good weekend now ya' hear? Don't we all wonder what happened to the Beverly Hillbillies? And M*A*S*H now that I think of it.
Anyways, cheerio :D
So Yesterday Was A Good Day
I purchased a new piano book of the '100 Greatest Love Songs.' Disappointed by the fact 3 songs were 'omitted due to licensing restrictions,' the purchase was still a very good one. Why? Because, amongst others the book has listed in it's contents, can be found...
- Def Leppard
- Brian Mcknight
- Bryan Adams
- Meat Loaf
- Bon Jovi
- Goo Goo Dolls
- REO Speedwagon
- Guns N' Roses
- Cyndi Lauper
- The Righteous Brothers
- Pat Benatar
- John Lennon
- Eric Clapton
As well as this, as I'm endeavouring to expand my drum kit, I have several hundreds of dollars of cymbal gear at home on apro till Tuesday. YAY!!!
Also, the highlight of my day...
Whilst trying out some cymbals and plaing a kit in the shop, 3 members of the male species walk in...
"Whoa, it's that chick playing! Oo damn..."
Guys and their testosterone... tehehe
- 2006 will bring me love (yeah, whatever...)
- I belong to the 'punk' high school 'clique' (maybe...not...??)
- I belong to the 'jock/prep/cheerleader' high school stereotype (what the hell?)
- If I went to Hogwart's I'd be screwing Victor Krum (who?)
- I belong to the 'rocker/mosher' group (hell yeah)
- I will die by drowning (though more than likely not)
- As an ancient breed I am a wolf (it had the same score as vampire)
- If I was a sci-fi crew I would be Moya from Farscape (who?)
- I am Captain Mal Reynolds from Serenity (?)
- I am attracted to abs/stomachs (fair call)
- The right religion for me is... Satanism (Apparently if I immediately thought of the Satanism stereotype I should do some research, for it is NOT gothic satanism...and after doing so, I discovered that some aspects are actually spot on. Though I'd question others...)
- If I was an action hero I'd be Lara Croft (probably)
- I'm an athletic tomboy type of girl (much prefered considering the other possibilities)
- I'm a romantic (fair dinkum)
- According to my beliefs I should give my vote to the Greens (this was American...)
- I love the heavy metal/old school genre most (well done sparky)
- I'm of the elementalist Guild War Profession (what the...?)
- I'm sane (could never have guessed myself...)
- If I was a Red Sox player I would be the captain, Johnny Damon (captain again, hmm...)
- I belong in the Tim Burton movie, Pee Wee's Big Adventure (Edward Scissor Hands would've been cool, or Charlie & The Chocolate Factory)
- I'm the RENT character 'Angel' (I've never seen RENT...)
- My alignment is 'lawful good' (???)
- Death causes me to be depressed (I'm glad it's that and not one of the others...)
- I have borderline personality disorder (you try and get something better!)
- As a mythological creature, I'm a dragon (I'm magnificent, very wise, protective and caring... and also born in the year of the dragon... coincidence?)
- I'm not a heretic, I'm chalcedon compliant (???)
- I'm nice, immature and fun (if you say so, I'm not 'that' immature though...)
- My Disney character alter ego is Peter Pan (hmm... fiery imagination, child at heart, never wanna grow up...)
- I am the famous dead musician John Lennon (must've been the lack of drug consumption in copious amounts...)
- I should drive a 87' Z28 Camaro IROC
What else does one do when one is bored?
Who The Hell Would Trust Me To Cook????????
My mum and dad, went out walking our dog. I was instructed to turn off the oven after 15 minutes bcos the sausages were cooking.
15 minutes passed 25 minutes ago...
My parents aren't back yet...
So Much To Say and So Little Time
So I won't say anything.
But, if you missed the 20/20 game on Friday, as I did, JJ
can fill you in.
XAir this weekend on the waterfront, I won't be at the BDO so it should be good.
I'll definately be in there on my blades.
Hope the weather's nice.
I don't think I've used enough aloe vera, my shoulders have peeled...
Happy Friday the 13thAnd happy 20th to my brother, goes without being said. Actually i did tell him, but that's beside the point. Blah blah blah
Too Much Dreaming
I have quite an actuve mind. I'm trying to write about all my dreams in my Dream Chronicles
, but I dunno how I'm gonna keep up cos most nights I have 2 or 3 vivid dreams, last night I had 4!
Ow damn my brain. Too much dreaming.
Robert King Casino
just apple pie and truly a whole lotta something else
. Translation anyone??
Dream Chronicles of the TMonkey
I'm going to write another blog, aswell as this one, called Dream Chronicles of the TMonkey
. I'll post a sampler of my dreams on this blog sometime.
If you know me well, you'll know that I have some messed up
dreams. Yay to natural hallucinogens, but wtf? to my dreams, my boss asked if I was on LSD during one description. Anyway, I've decided that I shall share these dreams with you. My dreams are often incredibly vivid and their vividness often freaks me out in the morning when I wake up. If you reckon you can interprit some of my dreams I'd love to hear it.
The chronicles will include the following;
- The Grandmother Ghost at Kenepuru Hospital
- The Living McDonald's Characters
- I Believe I Can Fly
- The Weather Predicting Lava Blobs
- The FBI Escapade to Australia in Pursuit of the Drug Dealer E.G
- The Flight of Billy Through the Jungle
- My Birthday at Work
- The Flying Bridge and My Christmas Stuff
- The Drive Home and The Dog That Wasn't Mine
- TMonkey Taking Drugs
- Searching For a Flat
- Rollerblading/Biking and The Myths of Makara
- Ms H and Frankie The Skinhead
- D.C's Maiden Trot Over The Rimutaka's
- A Fatal Dose of Homeopathic Remedies
- Our Christmas Production
and many, many more...
Keep an eye out for the link over there ------>
That other news...
It was my friends 18th birthday on Monday, we went to One Red Dog on Queen's Wharf for pizza and went ten pin bowling. Not exactly my most skilled past-time, but lot's of fun! It's my birthday soon too, hmm what should I do??
AND there was something else aswell which I remembered, but then I forgot again... oh well...Cricket, Cricket, Cricket - 'Tis the Season
(editorial addition becuse I remembered)
The cricket was so intense I was making a heck load of noise, so much so that two gentlemen (to whom I appologise), probably in their mid 20's, decided to relocate. They were sitting directly infront of us, amongst the loud crowd, they themselves cheering - and yet I was too loud for them. They turned and apologised saying "sorry, it's just too loud" so they moved 4 seats to the right...
And I went happily to work Saturday morning minus my voice :D
And In Other News
Bye Bye Tana
After 2 World Cup tournaments and a greatly succesful year this year, Tana's retiring from the black jersey. Compliments to his career and an awesome captain. He says he's sacrificing playing another World Cup to 'be a better father.' All the best to him.
Damn me and my fair skin! After 5 hours on the waterfront yesterday on my rollerblades, I'm burnt like a crisp (yes, I did use sunscreen). All red and tender like. I went to sleep last night with a cold wet tea towel lain across my back, it does actually help, I discovered this last time when I burnt my legs. Going through aloe vera like chocolate - I've found that, no matter how bad the sunburn is, packing on the aloe vera over and over, several times a day, peeling actually can be prevented.
That Other Thing
There was something else I was gonna write about, but I can't remember...
Cricket, Cricket, Cricket - 'Tis The Season
So on Friday - I went to the cricket!! It was YAY fun! Went with a couple of mates to see the Black Caps vs Sri Lanka at the Cake Tin.
With the BC's facing the ball first and a lack of boundaries we we're pretty much waiting for SL to take the game, as they were only chasing down 224/9 in the second innings. It was pretty mellow for the day, as cricket is, up til about 2/3's of the way through the second innings when everyone started to realise that the BC's still had a fighting chance... It was one of those games when you think it's a guaranteed loss and then in a big climax the unexpected becomes the expected and it's great fun to watch. Cairns followed by Styris took a wicket each catching out Sri Lanka's last two batsmen.
Sunday's game in Napier didn't go quite so well, Sri Lanka won their only game of the 5 match series. Despite the loss by the BC's, the mighty 2m Peter
reached his maiden ODI century, so good on 'em! Definately one to watch.
I have a dilema... This Friday (the 13th) is: my brother's 20th; the day before some relatives go back to England, wherby I will not see them again after this day for several more years; and the 20/20 match at the basin between the Firebirds and Northern Knights.
What does each entail?
- Mum's cooking a birthday roast
- The rallies have an 'open house' for the day to go say cheerio
- The cricket starts at 5pm...
So hence my dilema, I can go see the rallies in the morning, but what about the others??? Any ideas...?
Bloody Woman Drivers: Road Hazard Warning
Uh oh, I'm on the road.
So I've got my learners (which I've had for about a year and a half), but haven't driven for like 12 months. Before that I'd driven about 5 times and wasn't exactly the best. So anyway, my dad took me for a drive today, through a whole heap of suburbs AND on the MOTORWAY!!! Ooh, I'm a big girl now! :D
If you're a driver, be scared - be very scared...
They're made of glass and surrounded by a frame, but sometimes have no glass. You can use plastic instead, or just leave a hole, but that wouldn't shelter you from the wind.
The godamn fricken WIND!!!
They don't call it Windy Wellington for nothing.
Where's my glass? I want some Coke.
Happy New Year!
It's 4.46am... been home half an hour, should I stay up and watch the first sunrise of the new year? My TV says it'll be at 5.50am... I'm watching Saturday Night Fever on Sky which finishes at 5.45am... Guess I might aswell.
I hope you all had a good one