Friday, February 24, 2006

Long Belated Anything Update

As being one who usually strays from the herd, I've succomed to overwhelming socieolitical pressure (Look into the eyes, look into the eyes, not around the eyes, into the eyes *click* you're under... socielitical is a word, it always has been, it means the overall stance of society, the common 'being' of it's people and other things along those lines *click* and you're back in the room...) and I'm going to uni. Victoria that is. I decided this at approx 11.30pm on wednesday night and so stayed up 'til 20 to one looking through the course book because as of then, I hadn't looked at it and my last day for enrolment was yesterday (Thursday).

I'm taking a BA majoring in geography, my second major is criminology. My courses for the year are:


  • Geography 111
  • Geography/Environmental Studies 114
  • Biology 132
  • Psychology 122
  • Anthropology 101
  • Philosophy 104

The psych and anthropology papers make up the points I need to get into criminology, 2nd year, and the 2 geography papers and the biology one will let me transfer to Massey's Bachelor of Resource and Environmental planning next year (if I want), so it's letting me keep my options open (sorta thingyish).

But flagging the logistics and getting to the point, I've signed away the next three years of my life to the government whereby I will give money to the govt so ppl can tell me how to do something so that I will get a job in the specified applied field of work whereby I will be payed, but will be giving more money to the govt as they cut tax from my earned monies and so really its all just a win win for the govt. Were I to not go to uni, i would not be paying the govt to tell me how to do something and I would possibly be earning less money in a job where the govt would be getting less money from the money I earn. What a bummer that would be for the govt, one less uni student, one less person giving them money, one person earning less, one person giving the govt less. Quadruple bummer for them.

And in other news...

  • the bloody mary thing was sooo over-rated
  • i miss my mates that went to palmy heaps
  • i spent $159 on a new cymbal stand for my kit cos i got a splash for my bday
  • a random dude called Jeremy wants me to play drums in his band, i don't know who he is
  • the 340gm blocks of Cadbury Dairy Milk and Fruit & Nut milk chocolate were only $2.99 on Tuesday
  • walking up hills is a bitch
  • my dog is not a bitch
  • my neighbours dog is not a bitch
  • does logic curtail that the dog ontop was therefor gay?
  • i'm glad my dog can run fast

2 Comments:

At 2/24/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Jimmy Jangles said...

Godd on ya monkey - getting a degree will do ya wonders. Bring forth the rock too!

 
At 2/26/2006 12:47 AM, Blogger TMonkey said...

Cheers, i'll take your word for it.

rocks... (???)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home